Kaukolan Tila - Cottage Vuorenhelmi
- Property Name
- Property ID
- 110 USD Per Night
- Sub Location
- Western Finland Rutalahti
Situated in the Lake Region of Central Finland, in Rutalahti village with many outdoor activities. Come and enjoy your holiday in a natural environment, in holiday cottages located on clear-watered, fish filled lakes!
The Kaukola Farm (Kaukolantila) is situated near Rutalahti village, in the former Korpilahti municipality which now is part of Jyväskylä city. The landscape is typical for Central Finland: woods, lakes and cliffs, streams, small forest ponds... In the nearby Leivonmäki National Park you can admire typical marsh scenery and sandy ridges.
The farm was founded in 1950 when farmland was distributed for war veterans and it was named after its founder, Kauko Nieminen. Earlier, milk was produced at the farm and nowadays there are beef cattle and sheep. The current main livelihood – cottage renting – began in the 1990’s and now there are 8 cottages of different sizes for rent.
Vuorenhelmi, ”the Pearl of the Mountain” is located at the bottom of the rugged hill Valkeisvuori on the very clear-watered lake Valkeisjärvi. This spacious 3-floor log cabin is surrounded by a wild and beautiful Natura 2000 -area.
- Round log, 92 m2, 6 + 4 beds
- 2 living rooms, kitchen, bedroom, mezzanine, cloakroom, sauna, WC, 3 floors
- Fit for winter habitation, with electric / wood heating
- Built in 1992
- Upper terrace 15 m2, lower terrace 15 m2
- Extra beds available for extra charge
- Equipment: stove, oven, 2 fridges, TV, micro wave oven, vacuum cleaner, washing machine, cd-player, crockery and cutlery, WC, shower, electricity, wood stove sauna, barbecue, a rowing boat & life jackets.